Anna, a phenomenal blogger found at Oceannah on WordPress, has very graciously nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award. I’m so flattered! Thank you!
The first thing I did following anna’s post was Google the award. There are dozens of different versions of the rules out there! Most of them deal with information posted in groupings of seven, but not all of them do so I’m going to wing it.
First I’m supposed to tell you guys something interesting about myself. Boo. I’m terribly interesting, but I can never think of anything under pressure-so here are several random facts:
- I’m a native Texan. I never planned to remain in rural East Texas. I just grew up and realized I like it. When you spend your life in a place, it becomes part of who you are. Who knows what the future may bring, however. I never rule out possibilities.
- I’m the youngest of four and so is my husband. My sister-in law told us not to get married. Her theory was that two “youngest” children should never wed because all youngest children are spoiled and selfish and the marriage will inevitably blow up. We’re 12 years into our marriage, and we’re still ok. Needless to say, she’s an “oldest” child. You have to take her birth order wisdom with a grain of salt.
- I love movies based on comic book heroes…all of them. Spawn is on my top five favorite movies list. His cape is cool. He was hot before they burned him. The little clown guy is gross. You have to take the bad with the good.
- As a child I lived in an old school building. There were chalk boards in all the classrooms, a stage, an auditorium and urinals in the bathrooms. As one can imagine, living in this environment between the ages of 3 and 12 was awesome! This was during the 70’s and early 80’s when roller skating (a la Xanadu) was the activity of choice. I practically had a rink at my disposal. It helped that my mom and dad put a jukebox, ping pong table and pool table in the old auditorium. Our living room was set up on the stage. Good times, people, good times….
That’s a lot-I think I’ll stop there. Next I’m supposed to pass on the award to more Kreativ blogs. I’m fairly new to the WordPress family, but there are several that I enjoy and admire:
- Paper and Salt-I love the way Nicole intertwines her love of Cooking and Literature. Delicious! Delightful!
- House of 34-No stranger to this sort of award, Laurie is a Design DIY maven with a wicked sense of humor.
- SCCLiving-Kimberly writes about her Star Creek Country Texas homestead and all the bounty it provides in a most endearing way.
- Made by Patch-Trish blogs about her love of crochet, sewing and the occasional delectable recipe. Her patchwork is a whimsical treat!
I hope you enjoy this group as much as I have! Have a wonderful weekend!
4 thoughts on “Kreativ – ity”
Ooooo thanks Amy, very flattered 😀
Amy, thank you for the award! The best part of these awards is learning more about the bloggers you love. Living in an old school? How awesome is that?!! I would be totally digging the roller rink! 🙂
Thanks so much, Amy! I love reading about all your gorgeous projects!
Hurray for you Amy, well deserved. I look forward to checking out some of your favorite haunts on the blogosphere 🙂