I’m sure we’ve all fallen victim to the time drain that is Etsy. You log on “for just a minute” and an hour and a half later, you forcibly pry your fingers from the keyboard or screen. Despite the obvious pitfall to browsing (loss of sleep), I do it because it makes me happy. I love the clever, diverse, creativity you can find there. So here’s another list. This time it’s a list of Etsy finds that I think are neat. I use the word neat because not all of them are pretty, not all of them are cool, and although I acknowledge that some of them are kitschy, I find them all to be very….well, neat.
2. I love this brown leather journal…hand embossed, tea stained and adorned with a butterfly. Pricey at $75.00, but very cool.
3. I love (!) these dictionary prints by Collage-o-Rama. The moose is my favorite, but frankly I’ll be buying a set of these for one of my special friends who “gets me”. Priced at $7.99 (and a buy 3 get 1 free seasonal special!)
4. I covet many things found in the Claylicious store, but I especially love these little owls. the colors are awesome at $27.00 each. I love the orange!
5. Love butterflies…love this bracelet. A sweet deal at $9.99.
6. I didn’t really know I had a thing for moose, and then I reviewed this post…This is awesome and I love it! A moosehead from WhiteFauxTaxidermy…$99.99.
And yes, I said “I love” like 50 times in this post, but can you blame me? So much Etsy and so little time!
I love fragrance. I stock up twice a year, and I don’t necessarily economize. Because of this, there tends to be a bit of excitement when I make my semi-annual selections. And naturally, when I’m excited, I like to share!
Jo Malone Iris and lady Moore Cologne. Feminine and floral but deliciously different. I love the packaging as well-it’s what first caught my eye! Its’ light but lingering at the same time. Floral, almost powdery, but with a spicy edge.
Bulgari Omnia Crystalline-A mingling of lotus flowers, nashi and balsa wood. It’s floral, yes, but very light with a fruity edge to it. It makes for a great summer scent.
And I always come back to Estee Lauder. This time, I opted for Sensuous Nude-despite a very warm fragrance core, this scent is light and delicate. It’s described as a woody musk, but is fragranced with Bergamot, Rose and Jasmine petals. Wonderful!
Ok, I know. To the naked eye, I look to be in a be bit of a rut. But it’s just such awesome gratification when I complete a variation on this scarf. Not to mention the fact that my dear, sweet darling daughter has been asking for one since the process began. So this is the “Whitney” scarf. She sat down with the rainbow of lovely Catania cotton and chose these colors.
You’ll note that the stitch pattern is very similar to the Spring Green scarf I posted last week. But the color variations bring it a little more into alignment with the Seascape version. Instead of chaining 308 to begin, I chained 208 to adjust for the ten-year old factor.
My child has an eye for color. Always…all her life. This color pallet reminds me of Easter. The pastels and gemtones of Easter eggs nestled in the grass.